Ted Bundy was born on November 24, 1946, in Burlington, Vermont. In the 1970s he was American serial killer who kidnapped, rapped, necrophile, assaulted and murdered young women throughout the USA. He was responsible for at least 36 murders throughout the USA. On February 10, 1980 Bundy was sentenced to death by electrocution. On January 24,1989 he was executed via electric chair. The exact number of women he killed will never be known some think it well into hundreds.
In 1975 he was charged with aggravated kidnapping, and assaulted, however he was suspected in long list unsolved murder throughout western part of the states. Facing charges in Colorado he manage to escape, and went to Florida. On January 15th, Margaret Bowman age 21 was found budgeoned and then strangled while in her sleep, along with Lisa Levy age 20 bludgeoned, strangled and sexually assaulted while she was sleeping Karen Chandler age 21 bludgeoned while she was sleeping,
Kathy Kleiner age 21 bludgeoned while she was sleeping and survived, and Cheryl Thomas age 21 bludgeoned while she was sleeping and survived. Eight blocks from theChi Omega.
On Feb 1979, he was charged with first-degree murder and assault. On July 24, 1979 found guilty of the two murders, three counts of attempted first degree murder, and two counts of burglary. The trial judge imposed death sentences for the murder convictions .
February 9: Kimberly Diane Leach age12 was abducted from her junior high school in Lake City, Florida. The skeletal remains were found near Suwannee River State Park. Six months later a second trial took place in Orlando for the abduction and murder of Kimberly Leach; and Ted Bundy was found guilty again, and sentence to be executed. On February 10, 1980 Bundy was sentenced to death by electrocution for a third time.
While on death row Ted Bundy made a confession of faith, and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord, and sought his forgiveness, and took full responsibilities for his own actions. While softly and hard pornographies play large part in his violent impulses . However, he confessed to over thirty murder just before he was executed.
In his last interview with Dr. James Dobson he stated these words, about killing twelve-year old Kimberly Leach “ I can’t really talk about that right now. It’s too painful. I would like to be able to convey to you what that experience is like, but I won’t be able to talk about that. I can’t begin to understand the pain that the parents of these children and young women that I have harmed feel. And I can’t restore much to them, if anything. I won’t pretend to, and I don’t even expect them to forgive me. I’m not asking for it. That kind of forgiveness is of God; if they have it, they have it, and if they don’t, maybe they’ll find it someday.” When Dr Dobson asked whether he was afraid to die he utters these words, “I do. I can’t say that being in the Valley of the Shadow of Death is something I’ve become all that accustomed to, and that I’m strong and nothing’s bothering me. It’s no fun. It gets kind of lonely, yet I have to remind myself that every one of us will go through this someday in one way or another.”
On January 24, 1989, Bundy met his fate at the Florida State Prison. He was put to death around 7 a.m.
The Bible is very clear If we confess your sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive your sins and purify you form all unrighteousness.That includeTed Bundy as well !
Ted Bundy Quotes
- Listen, I’m no social scientist and haven’t done a survey. I don’t pretend to know what John Q citizen thinks about this. But I’ve lived in prison for a long time now and I’ve met a lot of men who were motived to commit violence just like me. And without expectation, every one of them was deeply involved in pornography. Without question, without expectation. Deeply influenced and consumed by an addiction to pornography.
- Those of use who are, who have been so much influenced by violence in the media, in particular pornographic violence, are not some kinds of inherent monsters. We are your sons and we are your husbands. And we grew up in regular families. And pornography can reach out and snatch a kid out of any house today. It snatched me out of my home twenty, thirty years ago.
- I don’t want to die. I’m not going to kid you. I’ll kid you not. I deserve certainly the most extreme punishment society has…I think society deserves to be protected from me and others like me.
- …Well meaning decent people will condemn [the] behavior of a Ted Bundy while they’re walking passed a magazine rack full of the very kinds of things that send young kids down the road to be Ted Bundys.
- Before we go any further, it is important to me that people believe what I’m saying. I’m not blaming pornography. I’m not saying it caused me to go out and do certain things. I take full responsibility for all the things that I’ve done. That’s not the question here. The issue is how this kind of literature contributed and helped mold and shape the kinds of violent behavior.
- “I know people will accuse me of being self-serving, but through God’s help, I have been able to come to the point, much too late, where I can feel the hurt and the pain I am responsible for. “
Prior to being put to death Ted gave the details of more than fifty women he had murdered to Washington State Attorney General’s chief investigator.