Lee Patrick Strobel was born on January 25, 1952, and went to University of Missouri received his degree in journalism, and Yale Law School. Employed by the Chicago Tribune, and other newspapers for 14 years, and was an avowed atheist. His wife Leslie Strobel accepted Christ, and followed Him. While Lee believe there was no deity. He decided to disprove her faith in God and Jesus Christ by using his journalist and legal skills. By consulting and interviews thirteen evangelical Christian scholars, in their known fields. Their names are, Craig Blomberg, Bruce Metzger, Edwin Yamauchi, John McRay, Gregory Boyd, Ben Witherington III, Gary Collins, D.A. Carson, Louis Lapides, Alexander Metherell, William Lane Craig, Gary Habermas, and J. P. Moreland—in which they needed to defend their views regarding the historical reliability of The New Testament. He assumes the facts would support that God did not exist, and Jesus was a revolutionary, a sage, an Iconoclastic Jew but not God?” According to Lee “To me, there was far too much evidence that God was merely a product of wishful thinking, of ancient mythology, of primitive superstition. How could there be a loving God if he consigned people to hell just for not believing in him?
The Eyewitness Evidence Be Trusted?Testing the Eyewitness Evidence: Do the Biographies of Jesus Stand Up to Scrutiny? Documentary Evidence: Were Jesus’ Biographies Reliably Preserved for Us? Corroborating Evidence: Is There Credible Evidence for Jesus outside His Biographies?, Scientific Evidence: Does Archeology Confirm or Contradict Jesus’ Biographies rebuttal Evidence: Is the deity of History the Same As the Jesus of Faith?
The Identity Evidence:
- Was Jesus Really Convinced That He Was the Son of God? Psychological Evidence:
- Was Jesus Crazy When He Claimed to Be the Son of God?
- Profile Evidence: Did Jesus Fulfill the Attributes of God? Fingerprint Evidence: Did Jesus – and Jesus Alone – Match the Identity of the Messiah?
- Medical Evidence: Was Jesus’ Death a Sham and His Resurrection a Hoax? Evidence of the Missing Body:
- Was Jesus’ Body Really Absent from His Tomb? Evidence of Appearances: Was Jesus Seen Alive after His Death on the Cross ?
- Circumstantial Evidence:
- Are There Any Support ?
- Conclusion: The Verdict of History: What Does the Evidence Establish –
- And What Does It Mean Today?
http://www.leestrobel.com/Bio.php http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Strobel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srkVWP1riOg The evident was overwhelming that Jesus existed in history as a man, Beside the evident within the scripture there was also evident within archives,and every mayor religion or sect Jesus is mention as a prophet or good man. “ The evident of Jesus being the Son Of God is also overwhelming, because of Jesus bold statement He made claiming that He and His Father were one found John 5; 17, John 10; 30 and John 17; 21. No one ever perform miracles, healed the sick, cast out demons, and command the wind to stop and it ceased. CS Lewis stated, “if Jesus was not whom he claimed, then he must be a lunatic, a liar, or worse. The Pharisee despise Jesus if could have disapprove His claim as God they would’ve gladly expose Him as a fraud. Their silents speak loudly. Furthermore, the testimony of the apostle and His follower prior to Pentecostal, accept for few women and Apostle John. They fled from Jesus when He needed them most and living in the upper room in fear of the Pharisee and the leaders. There was only 120 in the upper room when Holy Spirit descend upon them. They went from being fearful now declaring the gospel publicly. Despite warning from scribes and Pharisee not proclaim Jesus name, they continue on even thou they were persecuted yet they boldly proclaim the gospel, and many were martyred forsake, and love of Jesus Christ their savour. Let also examined the apostle Peter and Paul two prominent leader within this the movement called the Way, One denied Jesus three times, and the other attempted to destroyed the church in its infant stage. The one who denied Christ preached the first gospel, and the other established many churches among the Gentiles, and open the doors to Europe and Asia. Both were restored and forgiving their actions found in, John 21; 15-20 and Acts 9; 6 . Jesus never uttered these words you how dare you to deny and abandoned me needed me most or dare you destroyed the church I trying to established. Demonstrating He is redeeming of the world of theirs sins As Jesus stated, “Those who are well don’t need a doctor, but the sick do need one. I didn’t come to call the righteous, but sinners.” If anything prior to his denial he encouraged one them with these words,” But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” Despite overwhelming of Jesus deity Lee Strobel had his own demons and own failures he had to content with. Especially the fact that he was an atheist denying that Jesus did not exist. In his own words he wrote, “And there was plenty of wrongdoing. I’ll spare myself the embarrassment of going into details, but the truth is that I had been living a profane, drunken, self-absorbed, and immoral lifestyle. In my career, I had backstabbed my colleagues to gain a personal advantage and had routinely violated legal and ethical standards in pursuit of stories. In my personal life, I was sacrificing my wife and children on the altar of success. I was a liar, a cheater, and a deceiver. My heart had shrunk to the point where it was rock hard toward anyone else. My main motivator was personal pleasure-and ironically, the more I hungrily sought after it; the more elusive and self-destructive it became. “When I read in the Bible that these sins separated me from God who is holy and morally pure, this resonated as being true. Certainly God, whose existence I had denied for years, seemed extremely distant, and it became obvious to me that I needed the cross of Jesus to bridge that gulf.” “It’s based on the “done ” plan-Jesus has done for us on the cross what we cannot do for ourselves: he has paid the death penalty that we deserve for our rebellion and wrongdoing, so we can become reconciled with God.” On November 8, 1981 acknowledge his sins, repented before Christ and sought His forgiveness, and believed. “In fact, so radical was the difference in my life that a few months after I became a follower of Jesus, our five-year- old daughter Alison went up to my wife and said, “Mommy, I want God to do for me what he’s done for Daddy.” Here was a little girl who had only known a father who was profane, angry, verbally harsh, and all too often absent. And even though she had never interviewed a scholar, never analyzed the data, never investigated historical evidence, she had “seen up close the, influence that Jesus can have on one person’s life. In effect, she was saying, “If this is what God does to a human being, that’s what I want for me. Looking back nearly two decades, I can see with clarity that the day I personally made a decision in the case for Christ was nothing less than the pivotal event of my entire life.”
Lee Strobel Accomplishment
Wrote fourteen books;
- Reckless Homicide? Ford’s Pinto Trial
- Inside the Mind of Unchurched Harry and Mary
- What Jesus Would Say (1994) ISBN 0-310-48511-8
- God’s Outrageous Claims (1998) ISBN 0-310-26612-2
- The Case for Christ
- The Case for Faith
- Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence TPoints Toward God
- The Case for Easter:
- Experiencing the Passion of Jesus
- The Case for Christmas:
- Discussing the Da Vinci Code:
- The Case for the Real Jesus:
- The Ambition
- A teaching pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Illinois, and still a board member after resigning in 2000
- An honorary doctoral degree byAward Southern Evangelical Seminary in recognition of his contributions to Christian apologetics.
- Wrote and produces TV show.
Lee Stobel Quotes
- Moral evil is the immorality and pain and suffering and tragedy that come because we choose to be selfish, arrogant, uncaring, hateful and abusive.
- I think it’s very healthy to use journalistic and legal techniques to investigate the evidence for and against Christianity and other faith systems.
- So much of the world’s suffering results from the sinful action or inaction of ourselves and others. For example, people look at a famine and wonder where God is, but the world produces enough food for each person to have 3,000 calories a day. It’s our own irresponsibility and self-centeredness that prevents people from getting fed.
- Nobody is beyond the reach of the Gospel.
- All Christians should be able to articulate reasons why they believe what they believe – not just for the sake of our spiritually confused friends, but also so that we ourselves will have a deeper and more confident faith.
- “If your friend is sick and dying, the most important thing he wants is not an explanation; he wants you to sit with him. He’s terrified of being alone more than anything else. So, God has not left us alone.