Karla Faye Tucker and Ron Carson
On June 13th, 1983 than 25 Karla Faye Tucker while high on drugs and booze brutality murder, Deborah Thornton and Jerry Dean’ with a pix axe and got great sexual pleasure in carrying this cruel act out. Was tried and convicted of first-degree murder on December 18 1984 she was sentence to be executed by legal injection.
While in prison she became a follower of Christ and turn from cold hearted person, and became more tender heart, sympathetic taking responsible for her in slaughtering Deborah Thornton and Jerry Dean and, fervently serve the Lord Jesus Christ with all her heart, soul, and mind. She affected prison life and established a ministry within the prison walls, and a man name Ron Carson. In which Ron forgave Karla for killing her sister Deborah and a friendship was formed, and he was now an advocate against the death penalty. This is their story.
When Ron Carson found out her sister was butchered by Karla wanted her executed because her sister and he were very close. Accordingly, to Ron she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Because their mother, died when was very young and her sister brought him up He was an advocate of the death penalty. Ron got heavily involved into drugs and booze as means to escape torment of her sister death.
A year after Ron sister death his real father was brutality murdered by homosexual prostituted. Before he was murder Ron’s father had severed health problems such as, drinking, , water in the lungs and weight over four hundred pounds. The medical professions gave up on him and predicted he would be dead in two years. A Christian Chiropractor, took him under his wing and he followed his advice, and started to lost weight, and was on the road to recovery healthy wise. The chiropractor gave him a Bible, in hope that he would become Christian and would read the Bible and put his name on it. Ron’s father bought a large piece of property. A haven for trouble kids, and one of these kids was responsible for murdering his dad. Yet, another devastating blow in Ron drugs and hard liquor in attempt to mask the pain.
While Ron was purchasing drugs from a dealer, he gave him a bible with his father name on it. Shock by this Ron began to read, the scripture while high on weed and came to the part of Jesus death on the cross and he said these words,” My God they kill him as well ” and close the Bible.
Over a period of time Ron accepted Jesus as Lord and Savour, sought His forgiveness. While he didn’t fully understand the gospel; however, he wanted to change his life and felt he was forgiven by Christ, and abandoned the drugs the life. However, the bitterness of her sister and father still lingers on his heart and mind and he was still very angry about this. Eventually, God instructed Ron to forgive Karla for killing her sister. He felt that this was impossible to do and told God so. God said it only though Him that able to do this, and I’ll give you the grace performed this act.
One day Karla arrived in Ron home town, and he planned to visit Karla not knowing what to say, believing God would aid him; however, family and friends told Ron to give Tammy piece of his mind. Yet, God had another plan for Ron, and followed decided God recommendation instead the family and friends. Some felt Deborah Thornton would be rolling in her grave, and dishonoring her memory, however, ignored their advice and went to visit Karla.
When they first met and Ron induced himself Deborah Thornton brother, and Tammy recognized her name was dumbfound. What equality surprise her what came out of Ron mouth as “ whatever comes out of this conversion I want you know I’ll not hold this against you,” and forgive her, for killing her sister, and all the bitterness, and hatred was lifted from him and he was now set free. Karla was very emotional and began to weep. The guards thinking that there may be trouble made inquiries they both assure everything is fine. They fast friends.
Ron went to visited her every two weeks, and they studied the Bible together. Eventually, he changes his mind about the death penalty, and became a strong advocate against it and fought to , rescind the death sentence for Karla. The warden of Texas’s Huntsville prison felt that she was a model prisoner and that, after 14 years on death row, she likely had been reformed. He believed that she would play a vital role in society and in prison life. Richard Thornton Deborah husband felt that the punishment was just and fair despite that she was Born Again believer and a model citizen in prison she show no mercy to her wife the other victim.
Other family members call him, and said that her sister would be rolling in her grave and encouraging him to dissociate himself from Karla. Naturally, he refused because understood for first time what true forgiveness felt like and truly understood that all our sins her, and his were nailed to the cross. When they repented confessed, and believed when they committed their lives to Christ. The board turned her down on 28 January 1998.
On 2 February 1998 Karla Faye Tucker was executed authorities took Tucker from the unit in Gatesville and flew her on a TDCJ aircraft, transporting her to the Huntsville Unit in Huntsville.
They selected five people to watch her die, including Thornton’s husband Richard and his two stepchildren who supported the death penalty, and Thornton’s brother in law Ronald Carson who opposed the execution. [Her last words were: Yes sir, I would like to say to all of you the Thornton family and Jerry Dean’s family—that I am so sorry. I hope God will give you peace with this. (She looked at her husband) Baby; I loved you. (She looked at Ronald Carson) Ron, give Peggy a hug for me. (She looked at all present weeping and smiling) Everybody has been so good to me. I love all of you very much. I am going to be face to face with Jesus now. Warden Baggett, thank all of you so much. You have been so good to me. I love all of you very much. I will see you all when you get there. I will wait for you.’
She was executed by legal injection the next day. As the lethal chemicals were being administered , Karla was praising Jesus Christ. Eight minutes after receiving injection, she was pronounced dead at 6:45pm. She was the first woman executed in the State of Texas in 135 years. She is buried at Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery in Houston.
There is two rooms in the execution chamber with a view. One is called the victim room, and the other is called a friend room. Ron Carson choose to be Tammy friend instead a victim.
Karla Faye Tucker Quotes
I feel his pain for it was me that causes the pain on him when I murdered his wife.
I believe there’s fine a line between forgiveness and justice. The government is duty bound to enforce the law and punish those who violate the law. The law breaker must be punishing prescribe by the law. Those who confess their sins and the law they violate will be forgiven, and their sins will be remembering no more in heaven. 1 John 1; 9 and Hebrew 12; 8
- When some hurts you is okay to acknowledge this hurts and it’s sucks.
- All sins are .
- When we confess our sins and hurts to Jesus He will take these hurt, and sins and we will inherit His righteousness.
- There’s consequence to sinful behavior and we need to accept the punishment by the law, and the churches when they administer them to us, do your best forsake your sinful behavior live quiet life.
- However, all sins are forgiving by Jesus if you repent, confess, and believe them to Him.
- Seek out forgiveness when you hurt someone.
- Forgive those who hurt you as Christ forgave you when you hurt Him.
- Forgive yourself since Christ forgave you and put it behind you move on.
If past sins and hurts are repeated only deal with the present ones because already been forgiven sins.
- God takes those same hurts and sins, and often turn them into a ministry in which often bring comfort, and joy to those who hurt by past sins.
- Because of God’s grace us, time for healing to take place for often time is a great healer.
- When I researched this I benefit from this story for several reasons; First only God was able to stir Ron soul to forgive Karla, Two from human level it took Ron ten year to her showing how patient God is with us remembering that we’re mere dust, Lastly in Jesus illustrate instantaneously forgiveness when we seek his forgiveness.To those people like Ron Carson, Susan Labianca, and Miss Moskowitz who were victims of a violent crime that took thier love ones lives, and who struggle for years to forgive the perpetrator for committing these merciless act against their family member. Nevertheless, through God’s grace they came to term, and forgive to them because they were remorseful for the crimes they have committed, and sought forgiveness from God and the victims. It took great courage on their part to forgive them. A lesson all Christians should take cue from in forgiveness others when they hurt you.